-->

4.18.2015

REVIEW: Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink

Hey everyone! I hope you're all having a good weekend so far. Today, I'm going to be reviewing a Milani blush for you all which is in the shade 'Dolce Pink'. Milani is an American brand and so is not readily available in the UK, I've found it a couple of times in pound shops such as Poundland but predominantly, I get Milani from Amazon. I love their lipsticks and this particular blush is my second one in their baked blush range.


Packaging:

I really like the packaging of Milani's products from their lipsticks to these blushes. I love the rose gold and I feel that it gives their products that higher end feel. It's always nice to have makeup that looks good too and it's nice to know this is something they have considered in their design.

This blush also comes with a mirror and a handy brush in it's third layer which makes it great for travel and on the go touch ups!

Colour and Pigmentation:

As I mentioned earlier, the shade of this blush is called 'Dolce Pink' and it is a beautiful, medium pink shade with gold shimmer running through it.
 It is a very shimmery blush so for some, this may be off putting - however, on the skin I feel it gives a sheen rather than making you look like a glitter ball and so I think this makes it a great Summer shade for that glowy look. 


This blush has great colour payoff and as I said gives a really nice sheen to the skin - perfect for Summer and is comparable to a MAC Mineralize blush or even Skin Finish. I also think it's a pretty good dupe for NARS' infamous Orgasm blush, too. Dolce Pink is nicely pigmented and gives a good colour payoff.

Application and Wear:

I find this blush applies smoothly which is something I have found more often with baked formulas. I also found that it blends nicely on the skin too and it feels soft and smooth. In terms of wear, this lasts a good few hours (5-6) before any noticeable fading which I think is pretty good for a blush. Though I have not tried them myself, I can tell you that from my research many have said these are comparable in the look and feel of the MAC Mineralize range so if they are a little too pricey for you, Milani baked blushes may be a good alternative!


Overall, I really like this blush and I feel like it's a perfect shade for Summer. On my paler skin, I find it to be really flattering and it gives a lovely glow. I feel as if this shade is very versatile too and will go with a whole host of different looks. I'd definitely recommend it and as a drugstore brand in America, Milani blushes are also very reasonable in price too so you can't really go wrong.

I got this blush from Amazon for £4.49 and you can find it on sale here


2 comments

  1. I have a few of these blushes & absolutely love them :) I have this shade but haven't used it too much, definitely need to add it to my everyday makeup bag!

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks great!

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.