-->

6.05.2015

My Oldest Makeup Product

Browsing on Bloglovin' one day, I found a great post full of awesome ideas for blog posts. One of those ideas was to write about your oldest makeup product and after rooting round my collection, I found mine and thought I'd share it's background with you today and maybe give you an insight into why I have kept it for so long.

So, my oldest makeup item is a Rimmel Stay Glossy lip gloss that I purchased about 4-5 years ago back in year 11 of secondary school. I purchased that along with lots of other makeup as part of preparation for my prom. (Now, before i got any further, don't worry I don't actually use this product anymore and haven't done for a quite a while!) As you can see, it's pretty beat up too so it's not the nicest looking product in my collection..


After many occasions of cleaning out my makeup collection, I somehow could never bring myself to throw this little lip gloss away. I guess in many ways it's because it symbolises an important time in my life that I like to keep ahold of in some way. Cheesy, I know. My prom was pretty much for the first time in my teenage years that I felt truly beautiful - I'd always been that kind of normal, "nothing special about her" kind of girl and prom to me symbolised the first moment that I truly began to feel like me. I'd never really worn makeup much nor had I even worn a dress or heels before - and while these things definitely do not define you as a woman (and while I hate heels to this day), on the day of my prom they were tools that made me feel confident and made me feel good about myself. Dressing so differently and putting myself out there in a way that you do at a prom gave me the confidence to continue to do so from that day forward and every day from then I have become a little bit more comfortable with myself and with expressing that. 

That lipgloss represents my youth - a time in which I hadn't truly found myself nor felt comfortable to share it with the world even if I had. It represents to me change, growth and development and it reminds me each day that things get better and that you can learn to love yourself and be comfortable with who you are. And I suppose that's why I keep hold of it, it's a reminder of how much I've changed and how much I'll continue to change - though it may just be a very out of date tube of pink lip gloss, what it represents to me is far, far more.

What's your oldest makeup product and what does it mean to you?

1 comment

  1. Honestly I keep so many of my old products not even to use but look at haha! My first product I think may have been a lip gloss too from Natural Collection of something! x

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.