-->

6.01.2015

Current Beauty Favourites!

Hello everyone! I hope you're all well and I hope you've had a great week. As far as I know, this will be the very first beauty favourites posts that I've ever done - how exciting! 



While I'm not sure how often I'll do these kind of posts, I will try to do them now and again as my favourites change around. As I said, this will be a beauty favourites - focused on makeup products in particular. I may in the future do a skincare favourites as well so let me know if that's something you'd like to see.

1. Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink - £4.27

This is such a nice summer blush - it has just the right amount of shimmer without making you look like a glitter ball! It's perfect for a glowy makeup look as well as giving you a natural flush of colour. I really like this blush in particular because I find they blend so well and aren't overly harsh whilst still being pigmented. Definitely try them!


2. Sigma F15 Blush Brush - £20.00

This has been a brush that I have been using continuously over the past couple of months and it has easily become my favourite tool for applying blush. As a duo-fibre brush, I find it gives me the perfect amount of coverage that I'm looking for and I also find that this helps to blend out blushes as well - particularly ones that are strongly pigmented. As it goes with most Sigma brushes, this is well designed and great quality.


I'm not really one to rave about powders as usually, I feel that they all do the same job. However, there's something in particular that I do actually notice about this powder. I feel that it adds extra coverage without looking cakey as well as of course making the skin matte where needed. It's long lasting as well which is always something I look for in a powder as I hate re-applying!

















4. Urban Decay Naked Palette - £38.00

This is easily my favourite palette of all time. Neutrals are so wearable for everyday and are easily used with pops of colour as well making them perfect for pretty much any look you could want to create. Urban Decay shadows are beautifully pigmented and blend like butter and the shades in this palette are no different. This is a classic makeup product that I'd recommend to anyone!


This was one of my very first MAC purchases and for a long while, I went without really using it. Recently however, I re-discovered my love for it and I have been using it quite frequently since. I feel that this is a great choice for dryer skin as it doesn't highlight dryness and instead gives a nice, subtle dewy kind of finish. It has a great, buildable coverage and it lasts well too!

6. NYX Butter Gloss - £6.50

I'm not usually a fan of glosses - like, at all. However, these glosses are actually surprisingly pigmented and not sticky! They don't settle like a lot of glosses tend to on the lips so you don't get that nasty gloopy feeling on them either. This stays nice and glossy throughout the day and looks great alone or paired with a similar colour lipstick. They also smell WONDERFUL!


7. BeautyUK Brow Kit - £3.99

This kit is very popular with the girls at Pixiwoo and for £3.99, I thought I'd check it out. And I'm glad I did because actually, I really like it. I feel as if all of the shades are very versatile and are great for all sorts of girls with different hair shades. The wax is also very handy for shaping and taming those brows before applying the brow powder. This kit also comes with a mini brush and tweezers making it great for travelling too!


This is easily one of my holy grail brow products! This is really nicely pigmented - so much so that I sometimes just sweep this through my brows on it's own and I'm good to go! It not only helps to set your brows but it coats them too which adds pigmented as well as a little bit of thickness too. At £4.99, it's a bargain and another definite must have!


My lashes are pretty difficult to curl as though they're fairly long, they're also super straight. So, I'm pretty much always on the lookout for an effective, lengthening and curling mascara and I came across this one day after it was recommended by Youtuber and makeup artist Wayne Goss. After using it once, I was instantly impressed by this mascara and would say in it's effect, it's comparable to L'Oreal's Telescopic mascara which is one of my all time favourites. This lengthens your lashes without making them clumpy and it gives you a long lasting curl as well - perfect.

So, those are my current makeup favourites - are any of yours in my list? 

Thanks for reading!


4 comments

  1. Love the Bourjois healthy balance powder as well as the Brow Drama too!

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to try the NYX Butter Gloss - I've been on the hunt for the perfect shade but they're always sold out.. I should probably try to buy it online ;)
    If you'd like you could check out my new blog arabesque - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love online shopping! You can stay in your pyjamas which is always a bonus for me, haha.

      And of course i'll definitely check it out! Xx

      Delete

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.