-->

9.19.2014

First Impressions: Too Faced Cat Eyes Palette

Hi! Today I'm going to be sharing with you a first impressions / mini review of my first ever Too Faced product! I recently purchased their Cat Eyes palette and in this post i'll be giving you a run down of the shadows as well as what I think of it so far!


So, the Too Faced Cat Eyes palette contains nine completely new shades in matte, shimmer and glitter textures. Three of these nine shades can also be used as liners - worn both wet and dry. As you can probably tell by the name, this whole palette is themed around the classic cat eye look, updating it with different textured shadows in both warm and cool tones.


First of all, I really love the look of this palette - Too Faced is known for their cute, feminine packaging and this is no different. I love how the design clearly features around the feline theme of the palette with the leopard print and the black and gold adds that feel of glamour.


Now, the shadows themselves... As I said we have nine shadows, 3 shades that appear to be for highlighting and 6 more, 3 of which can be used wet or dry. The shades we have are:


  • Purr: A very pale, nude pink.
  • Tiger's Eye: A metallic mid bronze/copper shade.
  • Leopard: A chocolate brown with gold shimmer running through it.
  • Meow: A very light, peach-cream shade with a matte finish.
  • Pussy Cat: A mid pink/lilac shade with a shimmery finish.
  • Jungle Love: A blackened purple shade with pink glitter running through it.
  • Kitten: A light pink pearl shade.
  • Kitty Glitter: A silver metallic shade.
  • Panther: A deep, matte black.

I love the names of these shadows! And they all seem relevant to their colour as well which I think is a really nice, novel touch. All of the shadows are nicely pigmented with my personal favourites being Pussy Cat, Kitty Glitter and Tiger's Eye. These shadows also blend well and have great staying power. Along with the palette, you get a look book containing three eye shadow looks you can create using it - I think this a super helpful addition and it makes it really easy to start creating some initial looks with this palette - especially if you're feeling a little stuck.


Overall, I so far really like this palette. From the packaging to the pigmented shadows, I'm definitely satisfied with this product. As a lover of purple and pink shadows, this is a definite winner for me but if you're not keen on those colours, you may want to skip this. However, there are some other really nice colours in the palette and you definitely don't have to use the purple shades if you don't want to. I think this palette is actually quite versatile and you can create some really beautiful day or night looks which are particularly perfect for Fall!

I purchased my palette from ASOS for £35.

Thanks for reading! Have you tried this palette? What do you think of it?

1 comment

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.