-->

7.15.2014

What I Got For My Birthday - Beauty.

Hey guys! In this post, I thought I'd share with you some of the gifts I received for my birthday. My birthday was on Sunday and I got some really lovely and thoughtful gifts and I'm so grateful and excited to use them! 

Generally, I'm not one to buy higher end beauty products on a regular basis - I like to ask for them as a gifts or to treat myself with them. That's because I'm a believer that you can get high quality products with a smaller price tag and higher end products are also more difficult to access locally for me. However, their are definitely some amazing higher end items out there really worth the money and so I always have a good think about them and so sometimes I'll treat myself or pick out items as gifts that I've been seriously lusting over or think are worth buying. With all that said, I'm going to show you what I got - and I want to just point out (been said so many times before, I know) that I'm not bragging, just simply sharing. So.. yeah let's get into the post already.

So, firstly I received to lip items from my brother. I gave him a few selections of lip items I'd been really wanting to own and he then chose some of them. He got me MAC's Heroine which is an absolutely gorgeous blue-toned purple. Purple is my favourite colour and I've never really found the perfect shade until I saw this. I wore it for my birthday and I absolutely love it. Bold lipsticks are totally my thing and I know I'll be getting a lot of wear out of this one.


He also got me an OCC Lip Tar in the colour Stalker. I have one other lip tar in the shade Hoochie and I LOVE it. You get so much product (seriously) that the price is totally justified for me. Not only that, the are long lasting and such good quality that I'd pay £11.95 (Cocktail Cosmetics) all day long! This colour is a gloss kind of finish, it's not an in your face gloss though and it's a really lovely true red colour.


I treated myself a little bit of my birthday too and I took a trip to Debenhams and bought myself the Urban Decay Electric palette. I love the UD Naked palettes and after seeing this a few months ago, I've been really wanting to get it. The colour are beautiful and I fell in love after swatching them in store. I was kind of uncertain on getting it, bigger purchases require a lot of thought from me but after swatching and getting a closer look I just kinda had to. The colours are so pigmented and I cannot wait to do a look with this palette as well as reviewing on here - keep an eye out!


I also took a trip to Lush, I find them kind of expensive with certain products but I really enjoy their bath bombs and bath melts. So, I got a few of those - I got the Comforter which is one of my favourites, the Butterball and finally the Candy Bar melt which smells delicious!

The Comforter

Candy Bar
I was gifted the Ray of Sunshine gift box which is also from Lush and it's one I've had quite a few times before. You get four items in this particular box and I love the fresh, citrus scents they all have - so good.



Hair care is kind of a big deal to me, it's a process I actually kind of enjoy and using nice hair products just makes me feel really pampered. BED HEAD by TIGI is a brand I've only used a few times but everything I have ever used I've really enjoyed. They're kind of pricey hence why I don't buy from them frequently but all the stuff I have ever used has always felt and smelt so darn good. The products I got from them for my birthday are no different - they are the Colour Goddess shampoo and condition and they came in this massive 750ml bottle! For a higher-end brand, these came in a decent priced twin gift set and they smell so delicious - seriously, I'm tempted to eat this stuff. This particular range is for colour treated hair and is infused with natural oils so I'm excited to give this a go and see how it does with my hair.


The last thing I got that was beauty related was another hair product. I got a pair of Remington curling tongs which are 19mm in length. I got these specifically with vintage hair styles in mind as this is the perfect sized barrel to do pin curls with and i've been wanting to them for a long time. I'm particularly excited to give these a try because I've got quite a few hairstyles in mind.


That's everything I received that falls into the beauty category. Thank you so much for reading and do let me know if you'd like a review on of these items in particular!
 photo ScreenShot2014-04-06at152327.png

1 comment

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.