-->

7.19.2014

REVIEW: Sigma 12 Brush Essential Kit!

Hi guys! Today I've got a review for you on some makeup tools! I'm going to be talking about the Sigma Essential Brush kit.

You get 12 full size brushes in this kit and their names and uses are as follows:


  • F30 - Large Powder Brush: For even powder application.
  • F50 - Duo Fibre Brush: Used to create an airbrush effect onto the skin. Can be used with powder, liquid or cream products. 
  • F40 - Large Angled Contour Brush: For cheek product application of contour and / or blush. 
  • F60 - Foundation Brush: For smooth foundation application of liquid or cream products.
  • E60 - Large Shader Brush: Used to uniformly cover the whole lid with product.
  • E40 - Tapered Blending Blush: Used for blending shadows in the crease. 
  • E70 - Medium Angled Shading Brush: For a soft application of colour. 
  • F70 - Concealer Brush: For concealer application in smaller, more precise areas. 
  • E55 - Eye Shading Brush: Used for an even application of colour.
  • E30 - Pencil Brush: For creating soft, smoked out lines or adding shadow to smaller areas of the eye.
  • E05 - Eye Liner Brush: For smooth and even lines, used with gel or liquid liners.
  • E65 - Small Angle Brush: Used to create a precise lining.

From the kit, I have a few brushes that I really enjoy using in particular. Firstly is the F30 which I use for it's intended purpose. It's so soft and gentle on the skin but still dense enough to nicely pack on a light coverage of powder onto the areas that I want it.


Secondly, is the F60 brush which I again love for it's intended purpose. It's shape and design make it perfect for contouring the grooves of the face and it's soft enough to lightly blend the product so it's not overly harsh in appearance.


The E40 is also particularly good for blending out. It's not as dense as some blending brushes so it makes for a much softer look - great for finishing up an eyeshadow look.


The F70 is a brush I've recently been really enjoying. I use it for the standard application of concealer - smaller trouble spots like like blemishes and pimples as well as under the eyes. I also use it to clean up my eyebrows after filling them in so I can achieve a sharper, more defined look.


Finally, I love the E65 brush for filling in my eyebrows. The small angled brush makes for precision as well as creating beautiful defined lines and curves. 


One of the main things I like about the brush set in general is not only the quality and performance but how they look. They are simple in design yet you can tell they are quality, the black and silver makes them look very professional and sophisticated, unlike some brushes that can look cheap and tacky. I also really like the holographic writing on the brushes which adds to that feeling of quality. The brushes are all so soft and well made -there is no shedding from these brushes after several washes and they keep their shape well. 

The whole kit retails for just £99.95 which means each brush is less that £10 each in the set. More or less all of these brushes retail individually for at least over £10 so you're getting a smashing deal. Sigma is a popular brand of brushes and they are regularly used by makeup gurus and artists alike. I can definitely see why too and I think they're definitely worth the price. It's always worth investing in some good tools so that you can really get the most out of your makeup.

With this kit, you're pretty much set and have more than enough brushes to do whatever you want with your makeup. Even if you still want more brushes after getting this (I'm kind of a brush collector so I'm always on the look out), these are still a brilliant addition to your collection in my opinion.

You always get a free travel sized version of the E05 too - who doesn't love a freebie?! You can grab this set for yourself from Cocktail Cosmetics.

Have you tried any of the Sigma brushes? What are your personal faves? Let me know! 





Post a Comment

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.