-->

1.17.2016

REVIEW | MAC Mineralise SkinFinish in Lightscapade

Hello everyone! I hope you're having a good weekend so far. As I mentioned in one of my most recent posts, I'm kind of on a contouring and highlighting hype. I recently picked up a product I'd been lusting over for a long time and that is MAC's Mineralise SkinFinish in the shade Lightscapade.

Price: £24.00
Where to Buy: http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk

What MAC Say:  

"A luxurious, slow-baked, velvety soft, domed face powder with a radiant finish. Strategically buff on to add highlights to the high points of the face, or blend all over for a sheer luminous polish to the skin. Features our 77-Mineral Complex and vitamin E."


My Thoughts:

When I initially looked at Lightscapade in person, I was somewhat put off buy the colour of it in the pan. As you can see, it has shades of blue and green running through it which in a highlight, is not what you'd really expect. However, don't be alarmed, you aren't actually left with bright blue streaks on the skin and the shade is actually a beautiful opalescent white. Whilst I'm usually put off by white highlights as they can be too intense, this is very light and very subtle on the skin giving you that "glow from within" look.


It's a beautiful formula that's very light and easily blendable meaning as MAC states, you can put this all over the face if you'd like to. Personally, I prefer to use this as a natural highlight on the cheek bones and high points of the face and I love the flattering glow it gives. This is buildable and you can get a very intense highlight if you'd like too which means this is perfect for an abundance of looks. The powder isn't chunky nor overly glittery meaning you can really blend in into the skin for uniform, natural look.


It has good staying power and you don't need much to achieve a fresh, glowy highlight. Whilst this may be too light for medium to dark skin tones, this is a brilliant highlight for those of you with light to fair skin that in my opinion is definitely worth the price tag!

         What is your favourite highlighter?

Levinia xo

Post a Comment

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.