-->

1.07.2016

Review: Makeup Revolution's Ultra Contour Palette

Contouring. It's something I've only recently made a staple element within my makeup routine and even then, I'm not quite carving out new features into my face or anything like that. I am a fan however of the subtle contour - one that just emphasises your facial features in a natural, flattering way. 
With that in mind, I have been exploring the world of contouring products and one that I came across a few months ago was the Makeup Revolution Ultra Contour Palette.


What Makeup Revolution Says:

"The complete contouring and highlighting palette is here! The ULTRA CONTOUR PALETTE has 8 powders for perfect contouring and sculpting. Including 8 brand NEW shades for contour and shaping, with an additional 2 of our favourite merged baked highlighters for illumination". 

The Shades:

Top Row

1. A light beige with barely any shimmer - this is a great shade for setting under eye concealer but can be used all over the face without looking like a disco ball!

2. This a yellow "banana" shade which is popular for setting the under eye for a bright, highlighted effect.

3. This shade makes a nice, subtle highlight and has a slight peach undertone to it.

4. This is a super intense, white highlight  - great if you like a strong highlight but can also be used in the inner corner of the eye as one too.


Bottom Row

5. This a medium brown with a warm undertone. This is great for bronzing the skin for lighter skin tones.

6. This is a cooler medium brown - I like to use this as a contour shade and it works really well. It's subtle and not overly harsh so it's great to be used in this way.

7. This is another warm toned brown which is darker than shade #5, it's great for a more intense bronzed looked on lighter skin and should also be suitable on medium to darker skin tones too.

8. This is another highlight, this time with a bronzed undertone to it - good for layering over bronzer or used on the cheekbones and certain areas of the face for a sun kissed look! 

My Thoughts:

This palette comes with 8 shades as mentioned above and this was the first thing that encouraged me to want to purchase it. There's a good variation here not just for my skin tone but other people's and for a palette of this kind, that's important. I don't think (as far as I know) this palette comes in a Light, Medium or Dark variation and so having a good selection of colours does help to make up for this. Another important point for me was that the bronzing / contour colours have different undertones meaning that I actually CAN contour with them as well as bronze up the skin if I'd like to as well. Paler skintones generally are more flattered by ashier tones of brown more so than warmer ones and this palette manages to cover both well.


I think that all of the shades blend well into the skin and are actually highly pigmented for their price point - particularly the bottom row of shades. They are finely milled which helps them to blend so nicely into the skin and I've found that they do last all day. My personal favourites are shade's 2, 4 and 5. At what works out to be £1 a shade, I'm really impressed by the quality of each in this palette and you're getting essentially four products in one in the form of a setting powder, a highlight, a bronzer and finally, a contour shade. This not only makes it easy and convenient to use but great to travel with as well. 



Post a Comment

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.