-->

11.21.2014

Review: OCC Metallic Lip Tar in Technopagan

 Hello! I'm here today bringing you a review - it's going to be of OCC's Lip Tar in the shade 'Technopagan'. I first tried lip tars a few months ago when I purchased the shade 'Hoochie' which is a beautiful, vibrant matte purple (a review of which you read here!). After trying that out, I fell in love with both the concept and use of the product itself and I knew I wanted to try more! After eyeing up this bold shade for a long time, I bit the bullet and got it and I have to say - I'm in love!


Technopagan is a bold blackened purple with a metallic finish. In the light however, it has more of a deep blue sheen with a kind of dark purple lining peaking through. It's on the cool side and has a beautiful shine to it. I'm not stranger the bold colours but this shade is definitely something new for me and that's definitely in a good way. I love alternative lip colours and this particular one definitely fits that category though at the same time I feel it is still strangely wearable (for me, anyway). 


Unsurpringly and as with all other Lip Tars, Technopagan is HIGHLY pigmented and a little bit goes a very long way - believe me! Unlike the others I've tried, the metallic formula seems to be a lot thicker but it still applies smoothly and evenly. It has more of matte kind of finish on the lips and doesn't have a sheen in the lip gloss kind of sense but this is instead due to it's metallic finish. I wouldn't say it feels drying on the lips which is definitely a good thing and in terms of creaminess, it's probably in the middle somewhere. Along the edges of the lips it does kind of fade out to a sort of pink-purple outline which may mean you need to build up the colour a little but it's an effect I happen to really like.


In terms of staying power, this product is a winner! As I've found with the other 2 lip tars I own, the staying power is awesome. I wore this product for a whole day complete with eating, drinking and general chit chat and this guy stayed put. No smudging, no streaking and it still maintained that intense pigment. 


Overall, I'm really impressed with this Lip Tar and I'm absolutely in love with the colour and finish of it. I think this may just be my new favourite lip product right now and I desperately wanna try some more OCC Lip Tar's because they're honestly just that good.

I got my Lip Tar from Love Makeup for £12.00!

Have you tried any of the OCC Lip Tars?! What do you guys think of them? I'd love to know!




1 comment

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.