-->

1.14.2017

2017 READING CHALLENGE

As a child, reading was easily my biggest passion. I loved to write but I especially loved to read. I would visit my school library and hire out several books each week and spend all of my free time lost in a new fictional world. As an adult, I haven't lost that passion for reading, I've simply lost the time for it. At least that's what I tell myself. So, for 2017 I'm setting myself a goal to get myself back on track to reading regularly again. I'm going to compile a list of books I want to read / re-read and I have until December 2017 to complete that list so wish me luck! I've decided on a modest goal of 25 books - a number that I'll hopefully exceed.

Yeah.. I have a Kindle. I know some avid readers are quite against e-readers but for me and my current limited space, real tactile books just aren't practical - whilst I do own a few and nothing quite beats a real book in your hand, my Kindle has been my main literary outlet and I love it!
Here's my list:

1. The Lord of The Rings Trilogy (All 3 Volumes) By J.R.R Tolkien

2. 1984 by George Orwell

3. Never Let Me Go by Kashuo Ishiguro

4. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harpee Lee

5. The Stranger by Albert Camus

6. Forty Years of Murder by Prof. Keith Simpson

7. Crash by JG Ballard

8. The Tell Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe

9. The Murders in the Rue Morgue by Edgar Allan Poe

10. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

11. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

12. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

13. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

14. Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

15. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

16. The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde

17. Christabel by Samuel Taylor Coleridge

18. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

19. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

20. The Magicians by Lev Grossman

21. The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie

22. American Gods by Neil Gaiman

23. Under The Dome by Stephen King

24. The Teacher by Katerina Diamond

25. Rising Strong by Brene Brown

So that's my reading list and the 25 books I'm hoping to successfully read in 2017. As I start & read the books above, I'll mark them to keep track of my target - below with be a little key so you know what each mark means! Wish me look on my literary journey and perhaps consider your own reading challenge too - I'd love to hear what's on your reading lists!

Thanks so much for reading,

** KEY **

Books Highlighted in Yellow  =  Currently Reading / Started
Books crossed out =  Read

Post a Comment

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.