-->

12.06.2014

First Impressions: Urban Decay VICE 3 Palette!

Hey guys! How have you been? Man, it's been a bit of stressful week with Uni work and I've still got a little bit more to do. But, the Christmas holidays are approaching and I'm staying positive! In this post, I thought I'd share with you my first impressions of Urban Decay's VICE 3 palette!


So, the VICE 3 palette contains 20 eyeshadows most with a strong metallic finish (though some definitely have more of that kind of finish than others). The colours range from deep burgundy's to neutrals to bright greens and teals. They are also arranged by shade type which is always helpful if you're wanting to go for a particular look.


What I particularly like about this palette is the fact that it comes with a really handy makeup bag which is completely free with the palette itself. This is my first VICE palette and I just love the packaging that this one comes in. It's sleek and stylish and really compact / slim so it'd be great for travelling as well as storage. The abstract design of the packaging is visually striking and really make the palette stand out - it has a really high end feel to it. You also get an additional double ended brush which is again handy for travel.

Let's get into the good stuff: the colours! So, as I said you get 20 shades and they are (from left to right):

  • Truth: Pale pinky nude with a matte finish.
  • Dragon: A bright, shimmery green with a metallic finish.
  • Vanity: A deep eggplant shade with a metallic finish and micro glitters.
  • Undone: A beige shadow with matte/satin finish.
  • Freeze: A bright metallic mid-blue with micro glitter.
  • Lucky: A metallic bronze shade.
  • Downfall: A warm toned light brown with a matte finish.
  • Heroine: A navy with pearl finish.
  • Reign: A deep brown satin.
  • DTF: A taupe with a matte/pearl finish.
  • Brokedown: A golden-brown with micro glitter and shimmer finish.
  • Bobby Dazzle: A metallic with gold micro glitter.
  • Alien: Pinky peach with a golden shift.
  • Last Sin: A champagne shade with silver micro glitter.
  • Alchemy: Deep fuchshia with a satin finish.
  • Angel: A light taupe/silver with micro glitter.
  • Bondage: Smoky burgundy with micro glitter.
  • Defy: A smoky taupe with a satin finish.
  • Sonic: Metallic red-copper shade.
  • Revolver: A soft black shade with a iridescent pearl finish.
So far, i really love this palette. Urban Decay palettes have become my favourites by far and I just can't seem to get enough of them. Their eyeshadows are just so silky and long lasting and so easy to work with. From what I can gather thus far, these are no different either. Some are a little chalky but that's not really a massive issue for me. The colours are a great mix of neutrals and brights for a whole range of great looks for both night and day. I feel that you can create so many unique and beautiful looks with this palette and so many of these colours are unique to my own collection. I'm not really a fan of singles shadows but I can definitely see myself buying some of these shades separately as they are so striking. As you can probably tell then, I'm very impressed and pleased with the VICE 3!

I feel like this palette is ideal for a whole range of people due to the contrast in shades. If you're a neutral gal, you've got them in abundance here but there's also room for a little experimentation with some colour too for those of us who like a bit of something different! 

I'd definitely check this palette out if you haven't already, at least take a peek at it in store and see what you think - I think you'll love it! I got mine from FeelUnique for £42.00.







1 comment

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.