-->

12.11.2014

REVIEW: Too Faced Melted Liquified Lipstick in Melted Violet!

Hey guys! Today I bring to you a lip product review and the product in question today is... (drum roll please) Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipsticks! In this review, I'm also going to be adopting a more framed, ordered review approach and layout so please tell me what you think of it!


About the Product:

As described by Too Faced themselves, the Melted Lipsticks are described as a 'revoluntiary' product that provide you with the staying power of a stain, the intense pigmentation of a liquid lipstick and high shine of a gloss all in one formula. They say that this product will comfortably coat lips maintaining that intense colour as well as lasting all day.


Packaging and Application:

So, the Melted Lipsticks come in packaging reminiscent of a squeezable lipgloss tube with an applicator on the end that's kind of a like a sponge tip. I have found that this really helps to diffuse the amount of product you squeeze out when applying it. The shape of the applicator also means that it's actually really easy to get a precise, fine application all over the lips meaning you don't really need to use a lip pencil unless you want to. 


Shade and Pigmentation:

There are an array of shades available in the Melted Lipsticks and the one that I currently have is called 'Melted Violet'. It's a gorgeous cool-toned bright violet shade and I absolutely love it. Though I have my eye on a few other shades, this instantly caught my eye simply because it was purple and the most unique colour of the bunch. It's seriously pigmented with instant coverage in only one layer of application.



These are the other available shades swatched.

(Photo credit: Toofaced.com)

Formula and Wear:

The formula of this product feels creamy and super moisturising. They're not sticky and certainly don't feel drying either which is something that always puts me off a lip product. They do have a glossy, cream finish but can be blotted or powdered a little to give you that more matte look. In terms of staying power, this product last for hours - easily around 4-6 hours without a touch up in my experience. When it does start to fade, it's usually around the inner rim of the lip but with a quick touch up you're good to go again - and that's including when you're eating and drinking!


Price and Value for Money:

These lipsticks retail at £19.00 in the UK which at first glance seems a little pricey. Bearing in mind Too Faced is definitely a higher end brand, it's actually not as expensive as it seems because at the same time, you're getting a lot of product. There is some serious pigmentation in this product which means you don't need much for a full application so I actually think this is good value for money - especially if there's a shade in the range that you particularly love.

Overall, I really love this lip product and as one of my first ever Too Faced products, I'm really impressed. I love the intense pigmentation and the bright, bold colour of this particular and I think I'll definitely be trying out more in the future! 

I got my lipstick from ASOS for £19.00.




Post a Comment

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.