-->

9.05.2016

Beauty | Favourite Face Masks for Sensitive Skin

As individuals, it's important for us to take the time now and then to let ourselves relax and take a break for the business and stress of everyday life. That can be in a number of ways - whether it be retail therapy, a cosy movie night or even a simple cup of tea and a cheeky biscuit.


Whilst I'm definitely partial to all of those things, I also like to take the time to pamper myself a little bit and in particular, I really enjoy a good old face mask. In this post, I thought I'd share with you my favourite face masks and take your through what they do and why I like them so much.

Lanocreme Manuka Honey Sheet Masks


I purchased these masks from TK Maxx after spotting them whilst doing my usual browse of the makeup and beauty isles in search of a bargain. I found these facial masks in a pack of 5 for the bargain price of just £5.99. I was cautious at first due to my sensitive skin, but I studied the box and found that the masks contained ingredients that are actually geared towards this particular skin type - specifically the key ingredient Manuka Honey which is known for it's soothing, healing qualities. 

One of the things I really enjoy about these face masks is that they are in sheet form. This makes them really easy to apply and avoids any mess or long application times. I like to use these face masks in the bath for that reason as any heat or steam won't cause them to melt or "sweat" off which can be the case for other kinds of masks. The mask itself is gentle with a subtle and pleasant smell, it's really well saturated with product so I get a great coverage of it all over my skin. The slight "pressure" from the weight of the sheet mask really helps to let the product sink into and absorb into my skin.



La Roche-Posay is a brand I have really been enjoying as of late for my sensitive skin. I'm currently using a number of their products and they have slowly become a brand that I trust and always turn to. They have varying product lines depending on your skin type - one of which is their "Hydraphase" range which is targeted towards dry and sensitive skin. 

This particular mask is part of that range and is formulation makes it's thinner than most masks with it's application being similar to how you'd apply your daily / nightly facial cream. This therefore means that it really sinks into the skin and requires no cleansing off so in essence, it is actually like an intense moisturiser which is ideal for those of us with dry skin. It has a clean scent that isn't overpowering to the senses and due to it's hypo-allergenic and gentle formula, it causes no irritation at all. I love this masks for my dryer skin days!



A well loved and cult favourite Lush product, the Mask of Magniminty smells and feels awesome on the skin. Whilst this isn't generally a mask I'd use all over the face, it is awesome for my oiler areas / areas I tend to break out a lot. It's targeted more towards acne and breakout prone skin meaning it can therefore be a little more on the dry side which is why I tend to use this in specific areas rather than on my whole face. I used this primarily in the T-Zone therefore, applying a generous layer and letting it sit for around 15-20 minutes before gently cleansing off. 

As well as being cooling and soothing, this mask also has exfoliating bits within it which means I can gently exfoliate my skin whilst simultaneously washing the product off which is great for any dry areas of my face too. As I said, this product has a minty smell to it which I personally love - again though, it isn't overpowering so it's not going to annoy you too much if mint isn't your cup of tea. 


So, those are my current favourite facial masks, have you tried any of them?
 I'm really enjoying these masks but I'm always open to suggestions on new ones I should try! Leave any suggestions down below and please tell me what you thought of this post, thanks so much!

xo

Post a Comment

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.