-->

6.10.2014

My Favourite Lip Care Products.

Hey! Today I thought I'd share with you my favourite lip care products. I'm kind of obsessed with buying lip products - especially lip balms and chapsticks, so I thought this kind of post would be pretty ideal for me...

Good old Vaseline:


I think Vaseline is a product pretty much everyone has and carries around with them, I know I do. It has multiple uses but of course the most popular of which is for moisturising the lips. Whilst I don't think it is super moisturising despite it's super oily feel making you feel like it is, I think it is a great base for other lip products. It does do what you want it too in terms of making you lips feel softer, but I'm not sure whether it really improves the condition of my lips as such. It does tend to dry on the lips fairly quickly - even when it feels like you've used too much. That's not a big issue though because a little bit of it does go a long way.

Burts Bees Lip Balms:


I've been such a fan of BB lately. I just love their skincare range and in particular their lip care products. My favourites and probably the most well known of such are their chapstick-style lip balms. Currently, I have mine in Pomegranate and in Vitamin E and Peppermint. What I love about them is that they don't feel heavy or majorly noticeable on the lips but they are doing something lovely for them. They are very soothing and hydrating on the lips and the Peppermint one gives you that kind of cooling sensation that other lip products like lip plumbers do. These really do work - especially overnight and I think you can see a difference in the condition of your lips after using them.

Vitamin E:


Vitamin E has multiple uses. It's natural and pretty inexpensive which is always a bonus. It is also very moisturising and soothing in it's oil form. This is a Superdrug Vitamin E Balm and when warmed up between you fingers it will melt into an oil like consistency - much like coconut oil does. This has a very similar feeling to vaseline and whilst it can be used on any dry area of your body, for me it does wonders on the lips. Not only is it nourishing and great for softening them, it's perfect for any cuts you may have on them because it's very soothing and gentle. I use this mostly at night and I really enjoy it.

Blistex Intensive Repair:


This is a treatment for particularly damaged and chapped lips. It's mega moisturising and has quite a liquidy consistency. It's white in colour but it will become transparent on the lips as you apply it all over them. It also gives your lips that cool, tingling feeling and this helps to eradicate discomfort from having dry and damaged lips. It also restores the moisture back into your lips and this is the kind of product I would use once or twice a week to sort of 'deep condition' over night.

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub:



Sometimes, your lips need a little help in removing all the dry and dead skin so your lips can be softer, smoother and ready for a lip product. This lip scrub is really effective and not to mention delicious. The pieces of sugar help to exfoliate and scrub away the dead skin leaving you with lovely soft lips. The best part is, the delicious smelling bubblegum scrub can be licked away when you're done! I really enjoy this product and you really only need the tiniest bit. I've had it since around December and I've barely made a dent in it. It's a handy product to have - especially in Winter months when your lips are most likely to be at their worst.

So, those are my personal favourite lip care products. I'm always finding and changing up my products but these are the ones that are proving the most effective for me currently. 

What are some of your favourite lip care products? Do you have any recommendations? Let me know!




Post a Comment

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.