-->

6.07.2014

REVIEW: Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balms.

Hey guys. Today I'm going to be doing a makeup product review on the Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balms. There are other products in the ColourBurst balm range such as a balm stain and a lacquer but today i'm just going to be looking at the matte balm. So, the ColourBurst Matte Balms are a lip product in the style of a chubby crayon / pencil - a popular trend that a lot of varying products now come in the form of.


I have two of the matte balms; one in the shade Shameless and the other in Elusive. Shameless is a lovely, deep shade of purple - it's very buildable and you can make it really intense if you want to. Elusive on the other hand is a much more natural, dusty rose kind of colour and it's perfect for an every day look. One of the main things I love about the product is the fact that it comes in twist-up form. This means you get quite a lot of product for your money and there's no messy sharpening required. The packaging itself is simple and sleek - something I always love to see.


The main thing that really stood out to me about these balms and the factor that makes me want to definitely go out and buy more, is the creamy consistency. Yes, the balms are matte and do not dry to any type of glossy finish, but they are still so creamy! And it stays looking that way on the lips - your lips don't look dry or chapped as some matte lip products can make them. They look and feel really soft - maintaining the matte effect you want without emphasising any dry areas or lines in your lips. As someone who is recently really enjoying matte lip products - this is something I am really impressed and happy with. They also have this minty fragrance to them - something I personally quite like, but it might not be to everyones tastes. 

Shameless.

Elusive.
In terms of the lasting power, the creaminess of the formula does result in easy wear if eating or drinking is involved. However, they will last a few hours if you are not doing either of those things. If you are, you should expect to need to re-apply. Yes, that's a little annoying but it doesn't really put me off that much because I think the finish is worth it. They don't wear in too much of an obvious way either - so if you rub your lips together you can still have an even coverage but you will lose pigment. The 2 that I have are very nicely pigmented and blendable. The crayon shape also makes for easy and fairly precise application. 



Overall, I really love this lip product. Finding a good matte lipstick without that nasty dry look has proved a difficult task for me and this product is a saviour that I'm really glad I found. I adore the lovely creamy finish they give and the shade range is really nice - there's a shade for every one and every occasion. I'm definitely going to be buying some more in the future as there are some shades I have my eye on...

Have you tried these yet? What are your thoughts?


2 comments

  1. Love your dress :)

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    Apart from that do you wanna follow each other on Instagram?
    Just let me know if you do on my blog and I will follow back right away
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I was just passing through and wanted to say hello :) you have a lovely blog! I'm now following you! Hope you have a lovely day xx

    www.poptartsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    Don't forget to check out my MAC lipstick giveaway! Click here!

    ReplyDelete

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.