-->

6.17.2014

My Top 10 Makeup Products Under £5.

Hey! So, as you may or may not know, I'm somewhat of a bargain hunter. I'm an avid believer that you don't always have to pay large sums of money to get yourself some amazing, quality products. With that in mind, I thought I'd share with you my current favourite beauty bargains under £5 - these are all products that I have tried, tested and use frequently - they are products I would definitely recommend. Without further ado, let's get started:

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - £4.19:


This is probably one of the best concealers I've ever tried. It's great for under eyes and highlighting but still has a thick enough coverage to conceal spots and other more intense blemishes. At the same time, it doesn't feel heavy on your skin either. There's not a great selection of shade ranges for those with darker skin tones but if you're fair to medium skinned, this is a really great buy for you.


Collection Cream Puff Lip Creams - £2.99:


There are many high end versions of these matte lip creams out there, but I'd say these are just as good. The Collection Cream Puff's are basically like liquid lipstick in lip gloss-style packaging. They dry matte and last for a really long time. They still have that creamy finish without looking glossy and so they don't leave your lips looking dry and cracked like some matte products can. Again, not the widest of shade ranges but all the colours are nonetheless very natural and perfect for the everyday. The one shade I would not recommend is the nude as I don't find it stays on very well.

Makeup Revolution Lipsticks - £1:


Just like MUA, Makeup Revoltion have lipsticks for just £1. The thing for me that I prefer over the MUA lipsticks (though I still love them) is their range of shades. They have some really beautiful, bold lipstick colours in a range of different finishes. I'm a fan of the bold and bright so this is something I really love about the brand. If you're not that into bright lipsticks however, there's no need to worry - they have some lovely natural, everyday shades to offer as well. Makeup Revolution are a fairly new brand and you can find them at Superdrug - definitely check them out!


Maybelline 24HR Colour Tattoo Cream Eyeshadows - £4.99:


I absolute love this product and it's definitely one of my all time favourite finds. As you know from the name, it is a cream eye shadow - you may think therefore that they will crease or lack in pigment. Wrong! They're actually really nicely pigmented and they do not crease. They make perfect bases for other colours and can act like a primer but honestly, I love using them on their own. The shimmery shades especially have this multi-tonal finish to them and so they look like you've put a lot more work into your eye look than you can actually have. You can apply them easily enough with your finger onto the lid and you're all set! A definite must-have from me.


Maybelline Baby Lips - £2.99:


Incase you weren't apart of the hype of this lip product, I'll explain what it is. Baby Lip's are basically like like chopsticks that are supposed to be mega moisturising and softening. Some of them however come in colours and they are the ones I'm talking about. You have a peach, a pink and a soft rosy red. Whilst I don't really rate the product too much for really making a difference to the condition of my lips, they do make them feel quite soft and they also make them look really moisturised. The shades are actually impressively pigmented as well for a chapstick / lip balm formulation. Because of this, it makes them great for a natural look or an occasion when you don't really want to wear any makeup.


MUA Blushes - £1:


For £1, I wasn't really expect much from the MUA blushes but I was pleasantly suprised. I don't rate the cream blushes much (but then again, I'm not a fan of any cream blush), but their powder blushes are amazing. They are so highly pigmented and at the same time very blend able. There's also a nice shade range - from light pinks, deep pinks to corals and peachy tones.


MUA Bronzing Powder - £1:


I have shade 1 in the MUA bronzing powder's and I'd say it's very comparable to Benefits Hoola on me personally. Both of them provide a natural but still defined look and the MUA bronzer blends really well, too. It's build-able but still natural and for £1 pound, you get a great amount of product.


MUA Mascara - £2:


I am so impressed by this mascara. I have very long lashes that unfortunately do not hold curl very well and instead droop downwards. This mascara is one of very few that actually curl my lashes without them looking clumpy. I've ever tried Benefit's They're Real (which I reviewed here) and I can safely say I prefer this product completely. For that price, you really can't go wrong and I'd urge you to try this mascara!


Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - £2.99:


This is a product raved about by many and in my opinion, rightly so. For me, powder's don't need to be complicated and I don't think they should be pricey. All I need them to do is to keep me matte without looking too powdery and / or cakey. This product does that and it's a bargain of a price, too! Simply put, it's a perfect staple item that I think everyone should try!


Rimmel Scandal Eyes Nude Eyeliner - £3.99:


For me, white eyeliner in the waterline does work for emphasising the eyes and making them look bigger but it's a little to obvious and fake. A nude eyeliner however is a lot less noticeable and really keeps all the focus on what you actually want it to do. It has multiple uses as well as you can use it concealer areas and it can be more of a natural highlight for your brows, too. I really like this particular eyeliner because it's nicely pigmented and actually applies nicely to the waterline despite being an area that can sometimes be wet.


ELF Eyelid Primer - £1.50:


Elf's eyelid primer is widely talked about in the makeup community. It's even compared to Urban Decay's primer potion and I'd say that's a fair comparison. Honestly, I think this primer is as good as any and having tried UD's, I don't see a massive difference at all. For a fraction of the price, I'd say for ELF.

And there you have it; my top 10 favourite makeup products under £5. As I said, I'd strongly recommend all of these products and I really think they are worth giving a go. If you try or have tried any of these products leave me a comment, I'd love to know what you think of them! And if you have any recommendations for a makeup product under £5, let me know below as well! 

Thanks for reading.





1 comment

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.