-->

8.06.2014

REVIEW: OCC Lip Tar in Hoochie.

Hey guys! I'm here today with a review for you all and this time it's going to be on an OCC Lip Tar in the shade 'Hoochie' - which is a matte shade. 
Recently, I've been embracing matte lipstick and I'm always on the search for one that isn't too drying and won't make the lips look all horrible and cracked.


OCC Lip Tar's are a cult product in the beauty community; beauty bloggers and guru's alike rave about them. They are described as liquid lipsticks and I'm personally a big fan of these kind of lip products as of late because I think you get the best of both in terms of finish and application. Hoochie is a beautiful purple / magenta colour and as you may know I absolutely love the colour purple so this is right up my street.


One of the things I really like about OCC Lip Tar's is that each one comes with their own mini lip brush as well as a vinyl carry case. I think this is a really awesome addition to the product itself and it makes it perfect for on the go or if you don't actually own a lip brush. It's actually pretty decent, too.

The product itself is EXTREMELY pigmented and that is no exaggeration. You also really do not need a lot of this product. Trust me, it's very easy to use way to much - a little of this honestly goes such a long way and this is something I'm really impressed by. The colour payoff is amazing and I'm absolutely in love with the colour.


The product is easy to apply and work with because it's a liquid, it has that creamy matte finish as opposed to that very dry look some solid matte lipsticks can give you. What I've also noticed is that it gives your lips this slight tingling feeling (not in an unpleasant way or anything) which is from the peppermint oil in the formula. It dries nicely and won't budge after doing so - it lasts a long time too so you can feel confident in wearing this for the whole day if you want to.


The only bad thing I've noticed with this particular lip tar is that it does have the tendency to bleed. This is easily solved by just priming and lining the lips before application so it's not a massive issue. It can also be cleaned up with a bit of concealer on the same lip brush you used to apply!

Overall, I'm pretty much in love with OCC Lip Tars. You get so much product for your money not to mention a free lip brush with every one. I think this totally justifies the £13.95 price because I honestly do not believe I'll be finishing this anytime soon. You can mix them with other shades in the range and I've already got a list of some others I want to get. They have a whole range of beautiful colours as well as various different finishes to offer such as gloss and metallic.

Hoochie is a definite recommendation for me especially if you're into bright colours (though they have lovely neutrals) and if you 
want a good matte lipstick!

Thank you for reading this review, I hope you found it helpful. Have you tried the OCC Lip Tars?
 photo ScreenShot2014-04-06at152327.png






Post a Comment

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.