-->

8.25.2014

Review: L'oreal Nude Magique Blur Cream

Hi! Today I've got a review for you on L'oreal's Nude Magique Blur Cream. On the L'oreal site, the product is described as 'a lightweight balm, instantly blurring away away pores and fine lines for beautiful nude looking skin'. Interesting, right? After trying this product for a weeks now, I thought I'd share my views...


The product itself is quite thick in consistency and on first look appears to have some pigment to it as it a skin tone colour. The Blur Cream comes in two colour variations; Light to Medium and Medium to Dark. With shade options like this, I was unsurprised to find that the product doesn't really offer any pigmentation or coverage once applied to the skin. 


Due to this fact, I wouldn't say there was therefore any major difference to the appearance of blemishes or redness on my skin which slightly disappointed me as I did hope for a little coverage from this product. I did however feel that my discolouration did look a little more subdued and not so obvious which I think would be the 'blurring' affect the product describes.  

My skin also felt quite soft and smooth after application - it had that kind of feel that silicone primers give the skin. In terms of pores and fine lines, I did feel that they were slightly less obvious but I definitely wasn't blown away. After using this product, I applied my makeup as usual and found that this made a really nice base for foundation, giving a smooth and flawless finish to the face and helping to even out application. You do need to use more than other similar products but you do get quite a bit in the tube and this may just be because the product is thicker. 


Overall, I do like this product but not really for the reasons the L'Oreal wants me to. Though it has not been directly advertised as one, I think this makes a really great primer and this is how I have been using it for the past few weeks and I feel that it's very effective. As a 'blur cream' however, I'm not really convinced and if this is what you were looking for only, I don't think I'd recommend this. If however you are looking for a good new primer, I'd definitely tell you to give this a go.

Thank you for reading this review! Have you tried L'oreals Nude Magique Blur Cream? What did you think of it?

  photo ScreenShot2014-04-06at152327.png

Post a Comment

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.