-->

8.21.2014

REVIEW: MAC Heroine Lipstick.

I'm a big fan of lipsticks, especially bright ones. I don't really know what it is about them but I've always longed for a collection of MAC lipsticks. I suppose it's because for a long time MAC was always the most popular brand for them. Not too long along ago anyway, I began my collection with Russian Red, a beautiful classic red shade that I knew I'd get a lot of wear out of. Next off, I got Heroine - and this is what I'll be reviewing today.


Heroine was originally released as part of one of MAC's themed collections but is now an official permanent shade in their lipstick range. It's a bright and intense purple shade with pinky red undertones. I think the shade is truly beautiful and one that I feel will be instantly recognisable.


The coverage of this lipstick is very impressive and you can pretty much get full coverage with one simple swipe all over the lips.  It is a matte finish but it's not drying which I absolutely love - I wouldn't say it's moisturising either but it does have a creamy feel and look on the lips. The formula glides onto the lips without any tugging or pulling and I have found that this lipstick wears really nicely throughout the day for a good 4-6 hours. When it does fade, it's to a kind of pinky red stain so you do still have some pigment on your lips which is nice.


It is of course being a MAC lipstick, attached with a fairly steep price of £15.50. From what I've seen so far though, these lipsticks are seriously good quality and if you find a colour you love enough and would definitely get wear out of, I do think it's worth it. The colour payoff is so rich and intense and it barely requires any building unless you want a deeper colour. I know myself that I'll get plenty of wear out of this shade because I absolutely adore purple lipsticks. The problem is though, is that purple lipsticks are hard to find - good ones anyway. So, this for me is perfect: it's bright, brilliant quality and matte without that horrible dry look. 


I'd definitely repurchase this when I run out and if you're looking for something like this yourself, I'd recommend you give it a go - I don't think you'll be disappointed!

What do you think of this shade and what are your favourite MAC lipsticks? Do you know of a dupe for this colour? I'd love to hear from you!

 photo ScreenShot2014-04-06at152327.png

2 comments

  1. OMG *u* I love this color hahah ♥
    Kisses <3
    docesexpressoes.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.