-->

8.29.2014

Review: Milani Colour Statement Lipstick in Violet Volt.

Hey! Today I bring you a beauty review on a Milani Colour Statement lipstick. Milani is a brand that is very popular in America but is not readily available nor sold in other countries like the UK where I am. 
However, I have found that Amazon UK do sell some Milani products including these lipsticks and that's where I got mine from if you're interested!


The Colour Statement range features lipsticks of varying shades and finishes and Violet Volt is a beautiful, blue-toned purple shade. On first glance, you can see that the lipstick has this shiny, gold packaging. Although I don't think it's all that bad, it does hold finger prints and smudges and that really kind of annoys me. (Of course, it's really not a major issue but I just like to be a little picky!) One thing I do like about the packaging though is that the you can see the shade of lipstick on the bottom which always makes finding lipsticks so much easier and oh, how I wish all brands did the same...


This lipstick and the whole range have a subtle watermelon scent to them. I find this really unique and very pleasant as I personally love the smell of watermelon. Even if you're not particularly keen on the scent, it's not overpowering so I doubt it'll put you off from using it. 

Upon application, I found the product to be smooth on the lips and extremely pigmented. In one application you can practically get an opaque coverage which I'm very impressed by. Milani is a drugstore brand and it's on the lower end of the price scale at that so the pigmentation is really impressive. 


There's no tugging on the lip and the the product just glides on, leaving the lips feeling hydrated and smooth. The finish of the product is a purple frost and although it's not something I'd usually go for, I actually really like this finish and I don't find it to be overly frosty or shimmery like some. 


As I said before, the lipstick is very pigmented and it's actually a more or less dead-on dupe for MAC's Violetta - one of their popular purple shades. It definitely lasts and applies like a higher end lipstick to so I would definitely choose this shade over Violetta - especially for the price! It's also reasonably close to other MAC purple shades so I'd definitely suggest you try and get your hands on this colour if you've been interested in those too.


Overall, I don't think I can really say anything bad about this product. I love the smell, the colour is bright and beautiful and it applies and feels really nice on the lips. I love bright and colourful lipsticks and the Colour Statement has them in abundance so I think I'll definitely be buying some more. If you want to try a new lipstick brand and you can find Milani in store or online somewhere, I'd definitely recommend that you give this product a go - I don't think you'll be disappointed.

You can purchase this lipstick from Amazon UK here.

Thank you for reading this review, I hope it was helpful! Have you tried Milani lipsticks, do you have any recommendations? 


2 comments

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.