-->

5.21.2014

First Impressions: Makeup Revolution Lipsticks!

Hey guys! So, today I'm doing a first impression post on a couple of lipsticks that I picked up a few weeks ago. These lipsticks are from a relatively new makeup brand called Makeup Revolution. I'd say in terms of price and product range, they are quite comparable to MUA. As far as I know, they too are only available from Superdrug.

Just like MUA, Makeup Revolution sell lipsticks for the amazing price of just £1 - at those prices (and the fact that Superdrug was offering a tempting free delivery on an over £10 spend), I just had to give them a go. I bought four lipsticks in total and I'll go through the shades with some pictures and swatches. What I particularly like about these lipsticks is that they all have names, which is a nice touch and makes them seem a lot more higher end to me.

The first shade I picked up was in Beloved. This is a matte pink lipstick which as far as I can tell has the tiniest bit of shimmer in it as well. It's not as pigmented as it looks in the bullet, but it's still a nice colour on the lips.



Next, I picked up Crime which is a creamy lipstick with a subtle kind of gloss finish. I love this colour personally and i think it's a really nice shade - a sort of hot pink / purple. 




I also picked up Twist which is a really interesting orange / red colour. It has a kind of glossy, metallic finish and it's very pigmented and true to colour.



Finally, I picked up Cheer which is a very shimmery, nude pink colour. It's quite sheer but it's very pretty nonetheless and it would go well a more intense eye look.



Overall, I'm really impressed with the lipsticks from Makeup Revolution and I will definitely be trying more. They're nicely pigmented and come in a range of different finishes to suit every look and every individual. They have a huge shade range which I really like and compared to MUA, they have a much more diverse range of colours on offer. 

I'll be really interested to try some more production from the brand - I'm particularly interested in the Naked Palette dupes. If I were you, I'd definitely give this a brand and their lipsticks a go - for the price you really cannot go wrong.

Have you tried any Makeup Revolution products? What do you think?


1 comment

  1. I'm really interested about make up revolution ! Did you try anything else ?

    ellabellascrapbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.