-->

3.24.2015

My Current Top 5 Foundations for Dry Skin

Having dry and sensitive skin sucks. Being a girl that enjoys wearing makeup with this skin type sucks even more because that can sometimes prove difficult with certain products. 
For a while now, I've been on the hunt for the perfect foundation that won't emphasise dryness but will also be gentle on my skin and help to conceal redness and blemishes like a foundation should. In this post, I'm gonna share with you my top 5... enjoy!

From L to R:
Mac Studio Fix Fluid, Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour,
Revlon ColourStay, Bourjois Healthy Mix,
Rimmel Wake Me up

1. MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC20 - £21.50

This for me is a pretty full coverage foundation and it can be quite oily in finish. So, it's definitely not one for acne prone skin, but for my dry skin - I love it. I think that it covers blemishes really well and for me, it lasts the whole day. You definitely have to blot and powder once or twice but other than that, I really like this foundation. There's a not an amazing colour range in MAC foundations for those of us with paler skin but this is a decent match for me (I'm an NC20).

2. Rimmel Last Finish 25 Hours in Soft Beige - £7.99

This is a foundation that I have only recently come to try but have heard a lot about. It's a full coverage foundation and though the shade I bought is a little too dark, it oxidises on the skin over time and doesn't look that obvious. It blends nicely and covers blemishes and uneven skin well. Though 25 hours is probably a bit of a push, from wearing it during full days of Uni, I can certify that it does last well. It's great for my dry skin and it doesn't cling to problem areas which I like.

3. Revlon Colour Stay in Buff - £12.49

This was a saviour for my skin when it was at its worst - it covers redness incredibly well for a drug store foundation providing you with a buildable full coverage that doesn't feel heavy. It blends well and lasts for a long time on the skin. It also comes in different formulas depending on your skin type so this is one that anyone can use.

4. Bourjois Healthy Mix in 52, Vanilla - £10.99

You've probably heard a lot about this one, particularly because it's supposed to be a brilliant dupe to Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. Whilst I've not tried the Chanel version, I really love this foundation and have done for quite a few years now. It feels so light on the skin and it gives a finish that actually looks like skin, too. It's not cakey and blends like a dream whilst still covering uneven skin tones and redness well. A great Summer foundation.

5. Rimmel Wake Me Up  in Ivory -  £8.99

This foundation provides me with about a medium coverage yet it stills feels really nice and light on the skin. It has this lovely sort of shimmer within it with gives the face a fresh, dewy glow. Now when I say shimmer, I definitely don't mean glitter so don't worry, I just mean well, glowy. This range has a nice choice of colours for the paler girl and it also has a good staying power, too. This has been my go-to foundation lately and I can definitely see it staying in my collection.


And that's it for my top 5, what would be your picks?


2 comments

  1. Loved reading this post even though I'm more on the oily/combination side with my skin... it's always interesting to read what foundations other people like, thanks for sharing!

    www.sevenminsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A portion of the fixings that are in enemy of maturing skin creams that helps battle against maturing skin is nutrients A, nutrient C, nutrient E, coenzyme q10, Sirtuins, Alpha hydroxy acids, and resveratrol (vital). Every one of the fixings work to help fix your skin and to turn around the maturing look.
    Anti aging

    ReplyDelete

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.