-->

2.04.2018

REVIEW | LANCOME TEINT IDOLE ULTRA WEAR FOUNDATION

Happy Sunday, everyone! I hope everyone is doing well and that you've all had a good week thus far.
As some of you may know, I work in Boots - a well-known pharmacy in the UK. As well as being known for its role as a chemist, Boots is a popular retail chain that sells cosmetics and various other health and beauty products - including high end and premium counter-based items. 

In my current role, I look after self-selection beauty but sometimes, I get to help out the premium counters and recently, I helped to cover Lancome. The lovely ladies on the counter gave me some foundation samples for helping them out and in today's post, I'll be reviewing the foundation in question; the Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation

lancome, teint idole ultra wear foundation, dry skin foundations

The Basics:
  • Price - £31.50 - £32.00
  • Where to buy - Boots, Lance's official website and department stores.
  • Shade range - 40 available shades.
  • Cruelty Free / Vegan? No, their products are sold in mainland China so therefore are not.
  • My Shade - 023 Beige Aurore 
What Lancome say:
Our best-selling liquid foundation Teint Idole Ultra Wear is now available in 40 shades, making it easier than ever to find your perfect shade match.  This liquid foundation is long lasting and provides full coverage without feeling cakey, leaving skin feeling comfortable all day. With great staying power, our 24 hour foundation allows you to go out and be your best without needing to retouch on the go. Teint Idole Ultra Wear is transfer free and smudge free, giving you confidence to carry on with your day and maximise your power. 
Formulation:

Lancome described this product as a full coverage foundation, I would however consider it more of a medium coverage upon initial application. Bare in mind that I do apply my foundation with a sponge and so that does sheer out coverage. I do think that this is however a full coverage foundation in its buildability and as it's layered, you can definitely achieve a more medium to a full coverage application. This is a liquid formula - though isn't too thick nor too runny and so it allows for easy blending and a little bit of it goes a long way on the skin. 

lancome, teint idole ultra wear foundation, dry skin foundations

In reference to it's finish, it's noted as being a matte finish - something I as a dry skin girl would run far, far away from. However, it's such a natural matte finish that it almost looks like more of a satin which I think looks very flawless yet natural. 

Application & Wear:

As mentioned above, I like to apply my liquid foundations primarily with a damp sponge. This foundation applies evenly - allowing time for blending without setting too fast which some fuller coverage foundations can do. Once set, this foundation doesn't move nor does it transfer and it continues to feel lightweight and comfortable on the skin throughout wear. 

Like I said earlier, I have dry skin so I was pleasantly surprised and how much I enjoyed the matte finish of this foundation. Because it's much more of a natural, satin finish I find that this foundation allows for some of your natural shine to show through providing you with a beautiful glow that isn't overly dewy or shiny. 

lancome, teint idole ultra wear foundation, dry skin foundations

Despite my dry skin, I don't find this foundation to make my dry areas look any worse. Matte finishes will always make dryness appear more obvious but it doesn't accentuate the dryness on my face and I can wear this and feel comfortable with how my skin looks. This foundation remains light, not cakey and comfortable for long work days - I've easily worn it for several 9-10 hour days without it wearing away or becoming uncomfortable.

Overall Thoughts:

Overall, I'm really impressed with how this foundation sits and wears - especially on my skin type. I think it has a beautiful finish with great, buildable coverage that stays comfortable and light throughout the day. I'm impressed with the inclusive shade range of 40 different colours and I'd definitely recommend this product - even if you have dry skin.

As stated, you can get this foundation from various different retailers including Boots - and if you're in the Solihull area, be sure to visit the lovely ladies at Lancome in Mell Square!

Thanks for reading this review & be sure to leave a comment.

Levinia, xo

Post a Comment

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.