-->

2.09.2015

First Impressions: Benefit Roller Lash Mascara!

Benefit Roller Lash mascara is the brands newest up and coming mascara - due to be realised later this month. When purchasing Cosmopolitan one day, I saw they were offering a little sample of this product as the freebie for that particular issue. Always a fan of something free and makeup related, I got the magazine and gave the mascara a go.



Benefit describe this mascara as a product that will easily and instantly curl the lashes - lasting for 12 hours. According to their site, an impressive 97% of uses said the mascara visibly lifts the lashes as well as 94% saying eyes looked more wide open. Benefit also states that this mascara contains lash conditioning ingredients such as Provitamin B5 and Serin. 

So, on to my first impressions... 
The very first thing I noticed about this mascara is the wand. It's one of those rubber wands with thin, spiky bristles. The wand itself is also very flexible when manoeuvring it through the lashes. All these things I usually find really effective in mascara and this type of wand is one I will actually tend to look for.


The formula of the product is fairly thin and liquidy - similar to the formula of Benefit's They're Real! mascara but definitely not as watery. If you've read my Benefit They're Real! review, you'll know that I didn't really get along with it because I found the formula made my lashes far too clumpy on my lashes. One of the reasons for this was that the wand itself picked up far too much product producing the clumpy after effects. The wand for Roller Lash however, seems to pick up just enough to avoid this.

Upon application, I found the process to be easy and precise due to the shape and bend in the wand. The bristles really helped to apply product to the lashes and also really effectively separated and elongated them. In one coat, I definitely saw a wider, elongated lash look and there was a definite curl in my lashes. My lashes though long, are very straight and find it difficult to hold curl - this mascara however, nicely held a curl in my lashes without making them look thick.

Overall, I think this makes for a really effective, natural lengthening mascara and would be perfect for everyday. I do however, think you can definite layer the mascara for a more intense and dramatic look as well as using it in conduction with a more volumising mascara, too. 

Considering the price of most Benefit products, I think I'll need to continue using this mascara a little more before I'd be able to definitely say whether I'd pay full price for it. Benefit products are higher end so for me, I need to know that I love a product before I'll be investing it. 

So far however, so good!

1 comment

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.