-->

2.28.2015

REVIEW: MAC Powder Blush in "Dollymix"

Hey everyone! Today I'm bringing you a review on a MAC Blusher. 
I've never tried any MAC blushes before but I always hear a lot about them. I was in the MAC store in Selfridges a few weeks ago and spotted this particular shade and really liked it so I picked it up! This is MAC's standard original powder blush and I the one I chose was in the shade 'Dollymix'.


Packaging:


The packaging of this product is just the classic MAC packaging design you see in their regular products. It's a nice and sleek matte black design which I think is simple yet sophisticated looking. It doesn't look cheap and the product feels solid and sturdy which I think is always something to expect with a more expensive item.

Colour and Application:


This blush is described as being part of MAC's 'Sheertone Shimmer' collection. Whilst it does contain shimmer, it is very fine and just gives a nice glow to your cheeks. I however, would not describe this blush as sheer at all and I instead think it's actually very pigmented. Dollymix is a beautiful deep pink shade and I think it will really compliment an abundance of different makeup looks. Being so pigmented, you really only need a light hand and can easily build up the colour if you so wish. It's soft and easy to blend on the skin leaving you with a lovely, pink flush of colour. I like to apply this brush with my Sigma F15 Duo Fibre blush brush as I think it picks up just the right amount of colour and blends it evenly!

Wear and Price:


This blush wears really well and I find it to last all day. It's easy to apply as I've said and to me, looks really natural and flattering on my skin tone as I'm sure it would on others too! In the UK, this blush retails for £18.00 on the MAC website. Whilst this is of course quite a lot of money for just a blush, I think due to it's high pigmentation and the fact that you only need a lot of product to get a nice coverage, you can definitely justify it! Also, for me, this is a colour I know I'll get a lot of use of.
Overall, I'm really impressed with the quality of this blush - particularly in it's pigmentation. It's creamy and easy to blend into the skin whilst still staying all day and looking natural. If you're thinking of trying a MAC blush or are looking for a new shade, I'd definitely recommend Dollymix.

Post a Comment

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.