-->

9.13.2013

My Daily Makeup Routine!

In this post I thought i'd share with you my every day makeup routine; what products I use, how I use them and all that good stuff. My every day makeup is a spin on a classic natural pin up kind of look and it's my go to when I am in a rush to get ready!

So, to begin: I always moisturise my face to prime it and I then apply my foundation. The foundation I am currently using is Rimmels Wake Me Up foundation. I apply it with my Real Techniques buffing brush. Sometimes, I like to stipple my foundation on and then buff it in!


Once I have applied my foundation, I move onto concealer. I use my Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer. I just apply this using my index finger under my eyes and a little bit on the lids to get rid of discolouration and I also apply anywhere where there still remains a little bit of redness not covered by my foundation.


I then set my foundation and my concealer with powder. I use my Rimmel Stay Matte powder and I pat it onto my face lightly using my Real Techniques buffing brush.



Once my face is done, I move onto my eyebrows! I like to use powder on my eyebrows to fill them in. I use a Revlon brow powder duo which has a mid brown and a dark brown powder in it. I use a Real Techniques slanted eyebrow brush to fill my eyebrows in with short, feathered strokes.


Moving onto eyeshadow, I like to keep in quite natural. I firstly highlight my brow bone using a shimmery white shadow. Then apply a light beige shadow all over the lid and a mid brown on the outer corner and into the crease. I blend this out and up towards the brow bone a little bit. I then apply a darker brown shadow onto the outer crease, blending it out and keeping it on the lid and working it into the crease.



After applying my eyeshadow, most days I will wear a cat eye. To create my cat eye, I like to use a liquid liner and the one I am using at the moment is Collection 2000's Fast Stroke. I also line my waterliner with a black kohl liner.


To finish the eyes, I curl them and then I apply my favorite mascara which at the moment is L'Oreal's Telescopic Mascara in black.


Moving back onto the face, if I am in a hurry I will use my Face Form palette from Sleek which has blush, highlight and contour powder in it. I apply the blush on the apples of my cheeks and outwards a little bit using a fluffy powder brush that i got from Boots. To contour, I suck in my cheeks and apply the contour powder onto the hollows of my cheeks with my Real Techniques contour brush. Using the same brush I higlight with the highlight colour, applying it along my cheekbones and along the length of my nose.


Finally, I base my lips with lip balm and then apply a lipstick of my choice. Usually I go for my Soap and Glory Cheekmate lipstain or a coral/pink shade from MUA.


And that's my every day look complete! Thanks for reading and I hope you liked this post. Leave a comment or suggestion below, I love to hear from you!


Levinia x





2 comments

  1. Great bits and bobs you got here. Lots of effort went into this post. Thanks for sharing.

    I love you blog. Now following on GFC & bloglovin
    I have a new giveaway on my blog, would love it if you checked it out xx

    http://www.glamourtricks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/pink-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! I love that makeup brush I use it every day :)
    I'm a new follower on GFC I really love your blog! Could you check mine out?

    thefemaledragqueen.blogspot.com

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Beauty Bay

Latest Instagrams

© Levinia Jayne. Design by Fearne.